Welcome to John the Baptist Catholic Primary School Bonnyrigg Heights, a diverse community built on strong relationships between students, families and the parish. With an enrolment of over 800 students, we provide a caring teaching and learning environment which fosters a sense of wellbeing and belonging in every student.
Our school is spacious and provides many opportunities for students to pursue their passions both inside and outside the classroom. Our teachers are dedicated to the growth of every child and work to enhance and refine their skill sets.
I trust you will enjoy exploring the many facets of our school as you navigate this website. We also warmly invite you to see the school in person.
Mr Tony Lo Cascio
John the Baptist Catholic Primary School Bonnyrigg Heights opened in 1989 with 86 children and six members of staff. Originally planned as a two stream school, it soon became clear that this would be insufficient to cater for the rapid development in the Bonnyrigg area. This resulted in John the Baptist becoming a four stream school in 2000.
Our school motto is ‘Together we proclaim Jesus’. Our community recognises the presence of Christ in each person and its implication as we interact with each other. We seek to bring to each child a knowledge of Jesus and his teachings, endeavouring to assist each individual to love and follow him.
- Christ is central to our existence.
- We are a faith community.
- The child is our focus.
- Is a Christ-centred community which lives and celebrates the Gospel values.
- Embraces the importance of expressing our faith in the way we live.
- Is an integral part of our parish community proclaiming Jesus to all.
- Is committed to the development of the whole child.
Learning is underpinned by Gospel values and affirms the inherent dignity of all where:
- The process of learning constantly evolves to meet the needs of learners at appropriate developmental levels.
- Purposeful learning is supported by effective and timely feedback. It is visible, collaborative, engaging, challenging and inclusive.
- Authentic learning experiences promote perseverance, risk-taking, reflection and critical and creative thinking.
- Successful learners set achievable goals, self-regulate and self-evaluate in flexible learning environments.
The parish and school are united in name, mission and faith and the two work in partnership to proclaim Jesus.
We have a positive partnership with the parish priest, assistant priest and pastoral council in our local parish, John the Baptist Bonnyrigg, to promote unity, mission and engagement. The priests engage in dialogue, planning and decision-making within the school.
Sacramental programs for First Reconciliation, Holy Communion and Confirmation are run by a parish core team, which is supported by the school’s Religious Education coordinator and family educator.
Father Dominic Dinh
Monday and Tuesday: 8.00am
Thursday and Friday: 9.10am
Saturday: 9.10am and 5.30pm Vigil
Sunday: 8.00am, 10.00am, 5.30pm, 5.30pm
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.